search results

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Going to do the 5 miles

What constitutes a perfect Saturday?

So far this morning I have completed my expense reports (yes I am almost owed 5 figures in less than a month of not submitting), eaten avocado on spelt toast and vegemite on toast and caught up on back episodes of Royal Pains... kind of really just catching up on life. The upside to being away from New York and away from all my friends (if there is one) is that you don't have the same kind of distractions. Having said that, I am super looking forward to moving back in late July.

Now, to get the 5 mile run done before it seriously becomes afternoon...planning for 6.7mph, which is roughly the marathon pace I will need to run to get to my goal of under 4 hours. OK then, so maybe I need to go for 6.8 or 6.9 so I have something of a buffer?

Then perhaps the pool? The weather is kind of perfect but the sky has a thing in it that looks like a threat of storming or rain. After the 2 hours that we spent on the runway earlier in the week waiting for storms to clear out of Dulles I am suspicious of anything that even remotely looks like bad weather...

OK, to run now...

No comments:

Post a Comment