search results

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

15 miler complete on Monday night

Yes, it happened from 7:45 through to a little past 10, as I couldn't get out of the office early. It had to primarily be run indoors because it was getting a bit late to hit the W&OD trail and I was running out of light.

Basic stats: speed: 6.7mph the whole way through, except for the last mile which was run from 6.9-7.5mph. I threw a few hills only into the last 2 miles.

I think this was officially my best run ever... on track for my under 4 hour goal although it's hard to know yet if I can sustain this pace over a marathon distance...

PS I ran today for the first time with jelly GU chomps rather than gel packs - does anyone else run with those? I found them kind of hard to chew while running, but a great runner who I know who has run multiple marathons swears by them. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment