search results

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Playing catch up now for two weeks running (weeks 7-8)

Since my July 4th weekend trip to Vieques where I skipped my Sunday long run (didn't have it in me to run the 17 miles indoors, in a resort on Independence Day!), I am still playing catch up. The good news is I haven't slipped any further behind. The bad news is I haven't managed to catch up either!! Running sites always tell you not to sweat missed workouts, so I am going against popular wisdom and trying to catch up, will see how it all goes...

I ran my 17 miler from week 7 on the Tuesday after getting back from my holiday.

Week 8's running plan was this:

Workout 1 - 3x1600m (ran at 7.5-8mph on Thursday)
Workout 2 - 10 miles (ran at 6.8 and 6.9 to end, but not run until Sunday)
Workout 3 - 13 miles (ran at 6.7 and 7 to end, on Tuesday of the following week)

I have been swimming in between but for some reason really struggling to catch up. Had a massive work milestone (a 2 years-in-the-planning product relaunch) on Wednesday of last week, which involved a couple of very very late nights in the office. Still. Giddy-Up GIRLIE and GET BACK ON TRACK!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment